Contact the State Membership Coordinator:
Our commitment to you…
No matter when the date is, what the occasion is, or where the location is, the State Membership Team is here to help! We will work diligently to assist you whenever and wherever you need it. We will bring all the materials, help you do pulpit announcements, and arrange the drive with your local parish…let us help! The State Membership Team will also be proactively contacting District Deputies, Grand Knights, and Pastors to setup drives. We want to see every council be vibrant, active, and grow!
2017 – 2018 State Membership and Programs Handbook
The Star Council Award recognizes outstanding achievement in membership, insurance and service program activities. To be eligible to earn the Star Council Award, a council must qualify for the Father McGivney, Founder’s, and Columbian awards.
Complete and submit the Columbian Award Application (SP7) found in the Council Report Forms Booklet (#1436) or at www.kofc.org/forms. Councils must conduct and report at least four major programs in each of the Service Program categories: Church, community, council, family, culture of life, and youth. Completed applications must reach the Supreme Council office by June 30.
In addition to meeting the traditional Columbian Award requirements – conducting at least four programs in each category – each of the six Columbian Award categories also has at least one featured program. By meeting all requirements for a featured program activity in a particular category, a council fulfills all requirements for that category. The six categories and the featured programs for each follow (program links provide more information):
- Church – The featured program for the church category highlighted is the Refund Supports Vocation Program (RSVP.
- Community – There are two featured programs, Habitat for Humanity and the Global Wheelchair Mission.
- Council – The featured program for the Council program category is Special Olympics.
- Family – The featured program for the Family Activities category is the Knights of Columbus Food for Families program.
- Culture of Life – A council can satisfy all requirements for the Culture of Life Activities category by participating in either the Knights of Columbus Ultrasound Initiative or a local, regional or national March for Life.
- Youth – Participating in the Knights of Columbus Coats for Kids program meets all requirements in the Youth Activities category.
Father McGivney Award
Father McGivney Award: Achieve membership quota. The quota for councils is 7 percent increase of the council’s membership as of July 1. The minimum quota is 4 and the maximum is 35. Councils that attain Star Council status and achieve 200 percent of their net gain goal will receive the Double Star Council Award. If they achieve 300 percent of their net gain goal they will receive the Triple Star Council Award.
Achieve insurance membership quota. The quota for councils is a 2.5 percent net increase in insurance membership as of July 1 for the fraternal year. The minimum quota is 3 and the maximum of 18.