October–Respect Life Month
October is Respect Life Month! Above all it’s a time to pray for the end of abortion. That’s exactly what the National 40 Days for Life campaign will be doing and I encourage you to participate along with your council. The campaign runs from September 23 to November 1. ...Read More »
Culture of Life Director
Ultrasound Initiative Chairman
Saver of Souls Chairman
Student for Life Chairman
March for Life Chairman
Culture of Life
To bring our Councils, Community and our Nation a greater awareness to the evils of abortion, euthanasia, and assisted suicide and to dignity of human life at all stages of development according to the teachings of the Catholic Church, and to give a voice to the Unborn, the Elderly, and the Handicapped.
Summary of Surge With Service Sample Programs
– Regular Prayer outside Abortion facility, Day of the Unborn Child, March For Life participation, Respect Life speakers at council meetings/events, “Baby bottle” fund raiser, Holy Hour or Rosary for Culture of Life, Fundraising for Ultrasound Initiative, Council Culture of Life Education Program for Knights and/or Parish.
State Focus Areas
The State Service Activity Program recommends that each Council participate in the following activities
– Ultrasound Initiative
o Goal: Each Council promote and participate in the Ultrasound Initiative to help raise funds to purchase Ultrasound machines in support of Culture of Life activities – Earn Administrative Points
– State Pro-Life Couple of the Year
o Goal: Each Council submit the name of a Pro-Life Couple of the Year competition awarded at the State Convention – Earn Administrative Points
– Culture of Life Program
o Goal: Each Council create a project or family of related projects that support the Supreme Culture of Life Program – Earn Administrative Points
The Council appointed Culture of Life Activities Director is the primary focal point for all Council Culture of Life Activities. The Council Culture of Life Activities Director can look for support from his Council Program Director.
The State has a Culture of Life Activities Director to support the Council Culture of Life Activities Director. Help can be in the form of answering questions, helping obtain program materials, and general guidance for organizing and executing any programs.
Support Materials listed in Appendix A
– Ultrasound Initiative Participation Report, Culture of Life Participation Report, Pro-Life Couple of the Year
On-Line Support Materials
– www.kofc.org/service and click on the Culture of Life and/or Pro-Life Activities Link
– www.coloradokofc.org and click on the Programs link